Health & Safety
ESAC 2022 Atlantic City, NJ
ESAC is implementing the following measures for the 2022 conference in Atlantic City to ensure a safe educational experience:
Health and safety measures will be in place as issued and/or recommended by federal, state and local health authorities, including the conference venue and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). As we approach the conference dates, we will continue to monitor local, state and federal guidelines and adjust our safety measures as required.
All attendees, exhibitors, speakers, and ESAC staff must provide proof of COVID-19 full vaccination* to gain access to the event. * For the purposes of right of entry to this conference, a person is considered fully vaccinated:
- 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, or
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine, or
- 2 weeks after a booster dose of any of the above vaccines.
A physical copy of the CDC COVID-19 vaccination card or a photo of the card, along with a photo ID, will be accepted as proof of vaccination at the registration desk.
In order to minimize touch points, there will be minimal handouts available. Attendees are encouraged to download handouts via the website.
Food & Beverage
Where possible, we will favor serviced buffets, food served pre-packaged or in closed containers.
Cleaning & Hygiene
High-touch areas will be regularly cleaned and sanitized. Hand sanitizer stations will be positioned at key locations throughout the event.
When available, all gatherings will follow the current regulatory guidelines and event policies, such as distancing, hygiene and mask wearing.
All session and breakout room seating will follow local distancing guidance at the time of the event. There will also be additional efforts to alleviate any potential congestion in high traffic areas and we will ask attendees to avoid congestion to the extent practicable.
COVID Protocol Communication: Health and safety guidelines will be communicated on the ESAC website, in pre-event messaging, and on-site event signage.
Please be aware that the safety protocols may change as the situation evolves.
Conference Participant Expectations
- Adhere to all federal (CDC), state, and local health authority guidelines while traveling to and while at the program;
- Not participate if you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms or have recently been exposed to anyone who tested positive for COVID‑19 or variants;
- Wash hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds and/or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands;
- Engage in additional responsible health and safety practices, traveling to and at the program;
- Act in the best interests of your own well-being, and that of your fellow conference participants; and
Warning Related to COVID-19 Infection
- The novel coronavirus, COVID‑19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic and is very contagious.
- COVID‑19 can cause serious and potentially life-threatening illness and even death.
- ESAC has taken and will continue to take reasonable precautions to prevent against the presence and spread of the disease at our conference but cannot and does not guarantee against exposure; and therefore, in choosing to attend an ESAC conference, you acknowledge that you are assuming a risk that you may be exposing yourself to COVID‑19 and its potential health risks.